Mini pavlovas recipe
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 punnet strawberries, halved
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 small tin of passionfruit pulp
- 300ml cream, whipped
Preheat oven to 150°C. Cover a baking sheet with baking paper and set aside.
Whip the egg whites until soft peaks appear and then whip the sugar in gradually until it's all dissolved and the mixture is peaked and glossy.
Place large spoonfuls of the mix on the baking sheet and bake for 20 mins. Turn off the oven and leaving the oven door ajar, leave to cool completely.
Spoon cream on top of cooled meringues and add a piece of each fruit on top. Spoon a teaspoon of passionfruit pulp over each one.
- You can pipe these into little meringue nests on the baking sheet if you like a more cup like meringue.
- To check if the sugar has been dissolved properly into the egg white you can grab some between your fingers and rub them together. If you can feel grains you need to keep whipping.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.