Potato rosti with smoked salmon recipe
- 3 large potatoes (about 700g)
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 60g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices smoked salmon (about 200g)
- Fresh herbs to serve
- 4 lemon wedges
Preheat oven to 150C.
Peel potatoes, grate and squeeze out any excess liquid. Place grated potato in a bowl and mix in the chives, melted butter, salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons of mixture into the pan for each cake and fry until golden on both sides. Drain on paper towels and place in oven to keep warm until all cakes are made.
Serve two potato cakes on each plate, top with the salmon, fresh herbs and lemon wedge.
- Fresh dill, parsley and/or lemon thyme would be suitable herbs for garnishing.
- A small bowl of sour cream, creme fraiche or plain yoghurt would be another nice touch to this dish.
- This recipe allows for plenty of smoked salmon per serve, if you prefer just a taste, then 100g of salmon would be sufficient for 4 people.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.