Turkey and mango parcels recipe
- 1 turkey breast
- 1 tin (840g) mango
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 170C. Cover a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Slice the turkey breast into 3 escallopes. Cut a pocket in each one and insert a mango cheek. Secure with a toothpick.
Drain the remaining mango and puree. Combine half a cup of puree with the yoghurt.
Heat a non stick frying pan and fry the turkey parcels for 3 mins each side. Remove from pan and pat dry. Remove toothpick.
Dip the parcels in the yogurt mix and coat in the sliced almonds. Lay on the baking tray and bake for 15 mins.
- These parcels have a lovely fruity taste and crunch bought by the almonds.
- Be sure to keep an eye on the oven as the almond will brown quickly.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard