White Christmas crackles recipe
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 400g white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup dried paw paw, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried pineapple, chopped
- 2 glace apricots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rice bubbles
Place 24 cupcake paper cases onto a tray.
Toast almonds in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 3 minutes or until golden. Stir frequently because once they start to brown it happens quickly. Transfer to a plate to cool.
Melt the white chocolate and cream in a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. The bowl should not touch the water. Remove bowl from saucepan and place on a teatowel.
Add the dry ingredients to chocolate and mix well.
Spoon mixture into paper cases. Store covered in refrigerator until serving.
- This is any easy to make recipe the kids will love helping you make.
- This recipe that replaces the copha with white chocolate; for chocoholic tastebuds, the substitution makes for a much better Christmas treat.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard