Brazillian chicken recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 onion , halved and sliced
- 2 red capsicum, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
Slash the drumsticks a few times so they cook evenly. Season them all over with the pepper and salt.
In a frying pan heat the olive oil and fry the drumsticks until golden all over.
Remove from the pan and drain all but one tablespoon of oil from the pan.
Heat the pan and saute the onion,garlic tomatoes and capsicums until they collapse. Season well with salt and pepper.
Return the drumsticks to the pan and put a tight lids on it. Simmer for 15 mins until the chicken is well cooked.
Serve on a bed of rice.
- You can add any array of vegetable that you have on hand for this. I also like to add zucchinis or serve it with carrots and brocoli.
- Draining the excess fat from the pan is essential as the drumsticks give off a lot of their own fat.
Related more fast dinners recipes:
- Beef and glass noodle stirfry
- French omelette
- Easy lamb koftas
- Fettucine alfredo
- Spaghetti with tuna and tomatoes
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Chicken wraps
- Steak sandwich
- Gnocchi with tomato and basil
- Penne with ricotta, spinach and cherry tomatoes
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.