Pumpkin risotto recipe
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 3 cups butternut pumpkin, diced
- 2L vegetable stock
- 1 cup continental parsley, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
In a frying pan heat the oil and butter and add the onion. Fry until translucent.
Add the rice and pumpkin.Saute for about 3-4 mins.
Ladle the stock in a cup at a time taking care to keep stirring. Ladle another cup in after each previous one has been absorbed until all of the stock is used.
Stir in the parmesan and parsley and serve.
- I also cook this in the microwave if I don't have time to stand at the stove. I just omit the oil and add the butter, parsley and cheese at the end. It will be ready in about 15 mins microwave time.
- Beef and glass noodle stirfry
- French omelette
- Easy lamb koftas
- Fettucine alfredo
- Spaghetti with tuna and tomatoes
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Chicken wraps
- Steak sandwich
- Gnocchi with tomato and basil
- Penne with ricotta, spinach and cherry tomatoes
Related fast dinners recipes
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.