Chicken and pumpkin penne recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion,diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 chicken thigh,diced
- 2 cups butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 cups milk
- 250g penne pasta, cooked
In a frying pan, heat the oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2 mins and then add the chicken and cook until browned all over.
Add the pumpkin and oregano and fry for 5 minutes.
Stir the cornflour into 1 cup of milk. Add to the pan and stir. Gradually add the second cup of milk as the mixture thickens.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir through cooked pasta and serve.
- You can add a wide variety of vegetables to this dish. Just use what you have on hand.
- It is an economical choice coming in under $10.
- Beef and glass noodle stirfry
- French omelette
- Easy lamb koftas
- Fettucine alfredo
- Spaghetti with tuna and tomatoes
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Chicken wraps
- Steak sandwich
- Gnocchi with tomato and basil
- Penne with ricotta, spinach and cherry tomatoes
Related fast dinners recipes
This recipe was create by Kidspot social mum, DejandOdinsmummy09 and tested by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.