Easy jam drops recipe
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
Preheat oven to 180°C. Cover 2 baking sheets with baking paper and set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar together until pale.
Add vanilla and egg and beat well.
Add flour and salt and mix well.
Roll teaspoonfuls into balls and place on the baking tray 2 fingers apart.
Using the end of a wooden spoon make a well in the centre of each ball and fill with 1/2 a teaspoon of jam.
Bake for 10-15 mins.
- Basic pantry ingredients will get you a mountain of delicious biscuits to feed the masses.
- Make sure you give these enough space on the baking tray to spread.
- These are perfect for afternoon tea.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.