Spaghetti and meatballs recipe
- 500g minced beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp fried oregano
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Cracked pepper and salt.
- 1/2 onion ,chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tins crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 500g thin spaghetti, cooked
Put all of the meatball ingredients into a large bowl and combine well.Using your hands, shape into small balls. You can place them on a tray in the fridge until you are ready to use them.
When ready, heat the olive oil an a frying pan and gently brown the outside of the meatballs (you can do this while your sauce is cooking).
In a large saucepan, heat the oil and butter and add the garlic, onion and oregano. Cook on low until the onion is translucent and the oregano aromatic.
Add the 2 tins of tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
Place the meatballs gently in the sauce and cook on a medium heat for 20 minutes. Test for seasoning and add more if required. While the meatballs and sauce are cooking you can cook your pasta.
Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
- I made 30 meatballs from this quantity which surprised me.
- My kids absolutely loved this recipe and have asked me to make them again.
- You can feed your family for under $10 when you cook this.
- Fettuccini carbonara
- Boscaiola sauce for pasta
- Cheesy pasta bake
- Cheesy three veg pasta bake
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Creamy penne with cherry tomatoes
- Chorizo pasta
- Creamy smoked salmon pasta
- Deli pasta
- Ear pasta with peas and bacon
- Golf balls with pasta and tomato sauce
- Pasta bits with cherry tomatoes and pesto
- Pesto chicken pasta
- Spaghetti with crunchy bits
Related pasta recipes:
This recipe was created by Kidspot social mum Lene and tested by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.