Smoked salmon bites recipe
- 100g smoked salmon
- 250g cream cheese
- 12 hash browns
- 1 small bunch dill
- vegetable oil for deep frying
Take a serated knife and trim the sides off the hash browns.
Cut the trimmed block into 6 squares. It works well if you stack 2 hash brown on top of each other to do this.
Deep fry these squares until golden and drain on kitchen towel. Leave to cool.
Take half teaspoons of cream cheese and place on top of the potato squares.
Cut the smoked salmon into 5mm strips and wind up. Place on top of cream cheese.
Garnish tops with dill. Makes about 48 bites.
- You can buy hash browns individually in the deli section of the supermarket or by a 1 kg pack in the frozen food section of the supermarket.
- You can make the potato squares ahead of time for these and just assemble when your guests arrive.
- The potato squares can be shallow fried if you don't like deep frying or don't have much oil.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.