Prawn and lemon risotto recipe
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp crushed, chilli
- 18 green king prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 100g rocket
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
Heat chicken stock to boiling and place on a backburner to simmer.
Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion until it is transparent. Add the rice to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes.
Ladle the boiling stock into the rice a cup at a time and continually stir.Try to do this gradually as it will take the rice about 15 minutes to absorb the stock.
When all the stock has been used, add the lemon juice in and set the pan aside with a lid on it.
In a separate frying pan, heat the oil and add the chilli and garlic.
Add the prawns and cook on both sides. Keep the contents of the pan moving so as to not burn the chilli and garlic.
Add the rocket and parsley and stir-fry for a minute.
Spoon the risotto into small rice bowls and top with the prawn and rocket mix. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
- This is a refreshing option for a stand-up cocktail party. It is filling and has that wow factor.
- I allowed 3 prawns per serve so this recipe should make 6 serves.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard