Fig, prosciutto and pine nut salad recipe
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- mixed baby greens such as arugula, frisée, green oak-leaf lettuce, red-leaf lettuce
- 8 fresh figs, halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 12 slices prosciutto, sliced paper thin
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a clean jar. Screw on the lid tightly and shake vigorously. Se aside.
Place the washed green leaves on a serving platter.
Top the leaves with the fig halves and the slice of prosciutto.
Scatter the pine nuts over the top and drizzle the dressing on top.
- You can toss this salad together in less than five minutes.
- Sometimes I like to crumble a little goats cheese over this salad too - the combination of goats chees and fressh figs is a match made in heaven.
- Don't dress this salad until the very last minute because you want all the flavours of the salad ingredients to be fresh and distinguishable.
Related salad recipes
- Summer steak and tomato salad
- Sweet potato salad
- Chickpea salad recipe
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Pasta salad
- Chicken, mango and coriander salad recipe
- Warm chicken salad recipe
- Asian salmon salad recipe
- Goats cheese and polenta salad
- Chicken and bacon salad recipe
- Chicken and mango salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad