Tomato salad with olives and basil recipe
This tomato salad recipe is easy to make and combines cherry tomatoes, basil and olives. Try this healthy salad with a balsamic dressing. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand's recipe finder
- 4 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 punnet red grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 punnet yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, stones removed and halved
- 1/2 cup green basil leaves
- 1/2 cup purple basil leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 level tsp sea salt
- 1 level tsp pepper
Arrange tomatoes and olives on a serving platter, scatter with basil leaves torn into shreds.
To make dressing, combine vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a small jar and shake well.
Drizzle dressing over salad just before serving.
- I had leftover roasted capsicum and onion from the Xmas burgers. They add 'surprise' clour when you cut into the filling.
- You can buy roasted capsicum from supermarket delis and either fry some red onion, substitute with chopped chives or just omit.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.