Ice cube sushi recipe
These little sushi bites are so great to make at home and easy enough for the kids to help as well. Push your ingredients into an ice-cube tray and watch them eat their latest creation!
- 2 cups prepared sushi rice
- 3 slices sashimi-grade salmon
- 1/4 avocado, cut into cubes
- 6 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- 1 shallot (green onion), finely sliced
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp of sesame oil
Prepare an ice cube tray by lining holes with one big sheet of glad wrap pushed into each hole.
Prepare all ingredients and lay out on a plate.
Combine dressing ingredients.
Place some vegetable or sashimi in the bottom of the mould. Add 1/2 tsp of the combined dressing on top.
Spoon in some rice and press with fingertips firmly.
Lift by dislodging with the glad wrap.
- These are so simple to make and have a real wow factor. They look great on a platter for grown-up parties as well.
- You can make up your own ingredients or just use things you know the children will like. My son has chicken schnitzel in his with mayonnaise and I love prawns in this too.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.