Healthy chicken nuggets recipe
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup plain flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 3 cups cornflakes, crushed
Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Set out a crumbing station by putting the flour and salt and pepper in the first bowl, the egg beaten with the milk in the second bowl and the crushed cornflakes in the third bowl.
A few pieces at a time, roll the chicken in the flour, dip into the milk and egg and then roll in the crushed cornflakes.
Lay these on a wire rack with a tray underneath.
Bake for 25 minutes.
- These may need a little longer cooking time, depending on the size of your chicken pieces.
- You can add a variety of things to this recipe to give it added flavour such as adding Italian seasoning or grated parmesan cheese to the crumbs.
- You do need to remember that each time you add something extra to this recipe it gets a little less healthy.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.