Ricotta and spinach cannelloni recipe
- 750g full fat ricotta cheese
- 250g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- 1 large bottle of passata (Italian tomato sauce)
- 1 box of canelloni tubes
- 3 cups mozarella cheese, grated
In a bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, spinach, nutmeg and eggs.
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Pour half of the bottle of passata in the bottom of a baking dish.
Using a piping bag, fill the canelloni tubes with ricotta mix and lay on the sauce.
Pour the rest of the bottle of passata over the top of the canelloni.
Sprinkle with the mozarella cheese and bake for 40 minutes. If the cheese is browning too fast, cover the dish with foil to protect the top.
- This recipe is economical and deliciously moist.
- It's a great vegetarian dish to have in your recipe book.
More pasta recipes:
This recipe was created by Kidspot Social mum Mummygot2boys and tested by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.