Healthy roast lamb recipe
- 1 lamb leg (2-3kg), bone in
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- Canola spray
- 6 cups water
Leave the lamb leg to come to room temperature for one hour.
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Cut slits all over the lamb and push the slices of garlic into the pockets.
Pull sprigs of rosemary from the stalk and poke the ends of these into the slits.
Give the whole leg a light spray of canola oil.
Place on a roasting rack and pour the water into the dish under the lamb.
Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes per 500g plus an extra 20 minutes.
Leave to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Roasting the lamb over water keeps it moist and catches all the fat drippings.
- Sometimes I like to cover and seal the whole tray after browning for 20 minutes so the lamb is super-moist.
- This goes really well with roasted vegetables and a nice gravy.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.