Corn pikelets recipe
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- butter to fry and spread
In a bowl, whisk together flour, egg and milk to make a batter.
Stir in corn kernels.
Heat frying pan and add 2 teaspoons of butter. When sizzling, drop in tablespoons of mixture.
Turn over and cook the other side.
Spread with butter.
- This batter is best used straight away.
- You can make a larger batch of these and freeze them for later.
- I tried using margarine to spread on these and I have to say that the butter tasted so much better.
- For a sweeter taste add 2 tsp of honey. Reduce the milk a touch to compensate for the extra liquid.
Find related pikelet recipes
- Pikelets with chocolate sauce
- Ricotta pikelets
- Smoked salmon and pikelet salad
- Corn and cheese pikelet
- Ricotta pancakes with honeycomb
- Veggie pikelets
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.