Chinese chicken wings recipe
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 piece ginger, sliced
- 6 shallots, sliced into 6cm batons
- 4 cups water
- 1kg chicken wings
Place all ingredients except the chicken wings into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Rinse the chicken wings in very hot water (to remove fat from the outside of the skin).
Place chicken wings in the saucepan and return to boil.
Simmer for 15 minutes until the chicken wings are cooked.
Remove from liquor and serve.
- The cooking sauce in this recipe can be used over and over and keeps well in the fridge. I have re-used it up to five times.
- If you don't have fresh ginger on hand you can use crushed ginger from a jar. For this recipe you need one tablespoon.
- You can also use this cooking liquor on turkey wings and drumsticks.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.