White chocolate and macadamia cookies recipe
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 100g macadamia nuts, chopped roughly
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 3 trays with baking paper.
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and both sugars with the vanilla extract until fluffy.
Add the egg and mix well.
Add the flour, salt and beat for a minute or two.
Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
Roll into tablespoon-size balls and gently press on the baking tray.
Bake for 8-12 minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- These are more like white chocolate chips and macadamias held together with a touch of cookie dough....and that is what makes these awesome!
- Creaming the butter and sugar is very important for that crunch.
- These make great gifts. Package them in clear cellophane with a bow and you will very popular.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.