Royal icing recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cups icing sugar, sifted
Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites with the lemon juice until combined.
Gradually add in sifted icing sugar on low speed until smooth.
Add food colour of your choice.
Pipe onto cookies or cake.
For writing icing, you can put the icing in a ziploc bag and snip the corner to create a homemade icing bag.
Leave for 2-3 hours to set hard.
- Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container as this icing hardens when exposed to air.
- This recipe is great to use on gingerbread men. You can pipe it onto the edge of cookies and flood the centre with sugar icing.
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find related biscuit and cookie recipes
- 3 in 1 biscuits
- Anzac biscuits
- Double chocolate biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Funny face biscuits
- Jelly biscuits
- Jam drop biscuits
- Kiss biscuits
- Milo biscuits
- Muesli biscuits
- White chocolate and cranberry biscuits
- Yo-yo biscuits