Bolognaise rice bake recipe
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g beef mince
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 19cm square cake pan or baking dish.
In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the oil and garlic until soft.
Add the mince and cook until browned.
Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 2 mins. Add the tomatoes, stock and water.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins.
Stir in frozen vegetables.
While the sauce is simmering, combine the eggs parmesan and paprika.
Add the cooked rice and the sauce and mix well.
Pour into the tin and sprinkle the grated cheese over the top.
Bake for 45 mins. Leave to stand for 10 minutes and cut into squares and serve with salad.
- You can cover the top with foil if it starts to brown too much.
- Make sure you leave this to stand for 10 minutes before you turn it out of the tin.
- I like to serve this the next day. It seems tastier!
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.