Cake pops recipe
- 1 box chocolate cake, prepared ( I used Betty Crocker Devils food cake)
- 1 container Betty Crocker creamy deluxe frosting, chocolate
- 1 bag (375g) white chocolate melts
- Sprinkles of your choice
- Lollypop sticks
Cut the prepared cake in half and crumble by rubbing the two halves together.
Pour in the creamy deluxe frosting and mix using a spoon.
Line a baking tray with baking paper and form the balls by rolling a tablespoon full in your hands for your cake pops.
Put the tray in the freezer for 20 minutes.
To melt the chocolate, put a saucepan of water 1/3 full on the stove. Bring to the boil and melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over the water, ensuring that the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl. Turn off the heat but leave the bowl sitting over the hot water.
Remove the cake balls from the freezer 10 at a time and push the lollypop stick about 1cm into the ball. Dip them into the chocolate and cover with sprinkles.
Remove the next 10 cake balls and repeat until completed.
- These are so sweet that you will only need one or two per person.
- I purchased the lollypop sticks and a pieces of styrofoam from Spotlight to create a stand. I just covered this in foil so I could use it again at a later date.
- You can change the flavour of frosting or the type of cake you use for something different.
- I leave the chocolate sitting over the hot water to keep it liquid. It dries and sets quite quickly.
- These pops are covered in Dollarsweets Fairy Dust (pink) and Jurassic Bitz (blue/green) which I purchased from the supermarket.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related baking recipes:
- Chocolate rough slice
- Chocolate triangles
- Chocolate ice cream pudding
- Double choc brownies
- Jaffa fudge cake
- Choc chip beetles
- Choc chip cookies
- Choc chip fun face muffins
- Chocolate fudge puddings
- Choc rainbow squares