Healthy spaghetti bolognaise recipe
- canola spray
- 500g extra lean minced beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (jar)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 jar ready-made pasta sauce
- 1 tin (400g) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp Italian herb mix
- 2 small zuchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
In a frying pan, spray a light spray of canola oil and fry minced beef until browned.
Add garlic and onion and fry for 2 minutes.
Add tomato paste and fry for a further 2 minutes.
Add pasta sauce, mushrooms, carrot, zucchini and herb mix. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir through cherry tomatoes and parsley and serve on cooked wholemeal pasta with a light shave of parmesan cheese.
- Using lean meats and reducing the amount of oil in this spaghetti bolognaise makes it a healthy alternative.
- Adding extra vegetables helps it along nutritionally.
- A little longer cooking time will help you get a better depth of flavour.
More great pasta recipes:
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.