Lentil burgers recipe
These lentil burgers are a mainstay of vegetarian menus. Make a double batch and freeze some for later. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand's recipe finder
- 3 cups cooked brown lentils
- 1 cup mashed potato
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup L.S.A.
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients.
Using wet hands, form patties and place on the tray.
Bake for 30 minutes.
- The vegetarian stock powder gives these a real kick in the flavour department.
- L.S.A. is a healthy mix of crushed linseed, almond and sunflower seeds. You can find it in the supermarket in the health food aisle.
- I made a double batch of these and froze them for later.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.