Healthy hamburgers recipe
Healthy hamburgers are great fast food to make at home. These burgers are filled with salad, lean meat, low-fat cheese and all on a wholemeal bun. Make these for the whole family and have your burgers guilt-free.
- 1 onion, grated
- 750g beef mince
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- wholemeal hamburger buns
- low-fat cheese slices
- mixed lettuce
- tomato, sliced
- avocado, sliced
- red onion, sliced
- tomato sauce
Turn on your health grill to heat.
In a bowl, use your hands to combine all the ingredients for your patties. Form into patties and place into the refrigerator while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
Place the patties in the health grill and grill until cooked through.
Toast your buns under the grill and assemble your burgers.
- These burgers were assembled in the following order. Lettuce, meat patty, cheese, tomato, avocado and onion.
- I used mince with a little fat in it and cooked it in a healthy way. If you use mince without fat, your meat will be very dry.
- You can add more ingredients like pickle, beetroot, relish or mustards.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find related healthy dinner recipes
- Fish in foil
- Pan-fried lamb salad
- Vietnamese rice paper rolls
- Turkey and mango parcels
- Spring lamb with dukkah yoghurt
- Vegetable tagine with couscous
- Healthy roast lamb
- Beer can chicken
- Tom yum soup
- Chicken in Oyster sauce stirfry