Curtis Stone's homemade burger recipe
- 560g beef mince
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ brown onion
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/2 x 400g large egg, beaten
- 4 round rolls
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cheese slices
- 190g middle bacon
- 8 lettuce leaves
Cook bacon untill crisp and place on paper towel.
Heat tbsp of oil in heavy small sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion, salt and pepper and sauté until tender. Stir in minced garlic. Set aside. Mix cooled onions and garlic with mince, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. Add egg. Divide mixture into 4 and place in 4-inch ring moulds.
Preheat pan or barbecue for medium-high heat. Brush bread roll with butter. Grill, cut side down, cover and set aside. Grill patties until brown then turn, cook until medium-rare, or to your liking.
To serve, place lettuce on bun then patties and cheese and bacon on top.
- “A fun meal to enjoy with the kids,” says Curtis Stone.
- Try making the burger with chicken or turkey mince for a change.
- Kids will love mini burgers served on mini buns.
- This recipe was created by Curtis Stone.