Lamb and mint meatballs recipe
- 500g lamb, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup plain unflavoured yoghurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Combine all meatball ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Roll into walnut-sized balls size and place on greased baking tray.
Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
Remove from the oven and drain on a paper towel-lined plate to catch any excess fat.
Serve, or chill in an airtight container in fridge (these can also be frozen and reheated for later). Reheat in a 180°C oven for 5-8 minutes.
To make the mint yoghurt, mix all ingredients together in a bowl then chill until serving.
Serve with toothpicks and napkins.
- Those of you out there who are watching your waistlines and willing yourself into your swimming costume will love this recipe. Not only is it yummy, easy and a real crowd pleaser, it's also low fat!
- I've been going a bit crazy with mint at the moment because it's just so fresh smelling and tasting. Luckily, it grows prolifically in our herb garden!
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zelaand’s best recipe finder.