Skinny salmon and potato bake recipe
- 420g tin red salmon, drained
- 1/4 cup of leek, finely diced
- 250g ricotta
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, and boiled/steamed, then diced in approx 1cm squares
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 12 basil leaves, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25g vintage cheese
Preheat oven to 160°C.
Drain salmon, and flake into mixing bowl. Add ricotta and ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, leeks, egg, potatoes, basil leaves and a good lashing of pepper.
Grease loaf tin or small casserole dish and spread mixture evenly into the dish. Press cherry tomatoes cut side down into the mixture.
Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and vintage cheese and pepper and salt to season.
Bake for 50 minutes or until top is golden.
- I made this yesterday when was lacking inspiration and didn't want to go to the shops. Everything I needed was already in the fridge and pantry.
- If you don’t have vintage cheese at hand, mix parmesan and tasty cheese together instead.
- This bake was so popular – the kids asked for seconds and hubby was disappointed that there wasn't more for lunch leftovers.
- I served this with salad, but green and yellow vegies would be good too.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.