Chocolate topping recipe
- 200g milk chocolate, broken into cubes
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
In a saucepan, heat the cream until it it is slightly bubbling around the sides.
Add the chocolate and remove from heat.
Keep whisking until the chocolate is melted. If the chocolate is not completly melted, just put it back on the stovetop for about 20 seconds at a time and keep whisking.
- This recipe makes about a cup and half.
- By heating the cream first, you melt the chocolate faster and have less chance of the chocolate seizing.
- This recipe is especially good on banana splits and ice-cream sundaes.
Find more dessert recipes
- Apple and rhubarb crumble
- Apple and blackberry crumble
- Apple crumble
- Bread and butter pudding
- Butterscotch self saucing pudding
- Blueberry buckle cake recipe
- Chocolate fudge pudding
- Chocolate self-saucing pudding
- Easy pear cobbler
- Lemon delicious pudding
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.