Healthy meatloaf recipe
- 1kg lean mince beef
- 2 cups fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 brown onions, quartered
- 2 carrots, finely grated
- 1 zucchini, finely grated
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cups parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (glaze)
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce (glaze)
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
In a food processor, whizz the onion and parsley. Add the meat and process until fully combined. Turn out into a bowl.
Into the mince mixture, add the carrots, garlic, breadcrumbs, zucchini, tomato sauce and eggs. Combine thoroughly.
Turn out onto the baking tray and form into a loaf.
Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cover in the combined tomato and barbeque sauce glaze. Return to the oven and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- This is quite a large loaf but it shrinks by about 20%.
- This taste good hot or cold and is very nice on sandwiches.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.