Carrot and potato bake recipe
- 6 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Steam the carrots and potatoes together until tender.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Find a shallow baking dish and set aside.
Mash the carrots and potatoes together and add the milk, egg and parsley.
Spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
Combine the tasty and parmesan cheese with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the mash.
Bake for 20 minutes until the top is golden.
- You can remove the parsley if the children don't like any green on their plate.
- I would serve this to a toddler as a meal and as an extra vegetable on the plate for the adults.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.