Healthy fish fingers recipe
- 400g firm white fish fillets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Canola spray
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Set up a crumbing station with three bowls. One with flour, the second with the combined milk and egg and the third with the wholemeal breadcrumbs.
Roll the fish pieces in the flour, dip them into eggwash (milk and egg) and roll in the breadcrumbs.
Set pieces out on the baking tray and give each piece a light spray with the canola spray. Turn over and repeat on the other side.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and serve with lemon wedges and tartare sauce.
- You can add some finely grated parmesan to the breadcrumbs for extra taste if you like.
- I served these with crispy shoestring fries and a green salad.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.