Lemon Lamingtons recipe
- 380g butter, cubed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 5 cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups milk
- 150g unsalted butter
- 150g castor sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups dessicated coconut (for dipping)
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 29cm x29cm cake tin with baking paper. Set aside.
In a food processor, process the butter, vanilla extract and sugar until combined.
With the motor running add eggs one at a time until each one is combined.
Add the flour a cup at a time alternating with half a cup of milk until all is incorporated.
Pour into tin and bake for 55-60 minutes or until the cake is golden and a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean.
Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes and turn out onto a rack to completely cool.
Cut the cake into equal squares and using cake fork or carving fork, dip each piece into the lemon curd on all sides and then coat in the dessicated coconut.
- This is large cake and makes between 16 to 24 lamingtons, depending on how big you like them.
- The tartness of the lemon curd cuts through the sweetness of the cake and balances the flavours.
- Make sure the cake is entirely cooled before you start coating it.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.