Chicken and mango salad recipe
- 4 chicken breasts, panfried and sliced
- 1 bag of baby spinach leaves (150g)
- 2 fresh mangoes, peeled and sliced or 1 tin mangoes, drained and sliced
- 1 capsicum, de-ribbed and sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lime juice
In a bowl, combine the mayonaise and lime juice. Set aside.
Toss together the spinach, capsicum, onion and cherry tomatoes. Arrange on a platter.
Lay the chicken on top of the salad and the mango over the chicken.
Drizzle with lime mayonnaise.
- I try to keep the salad ingredients in this recipe all different colours. So if I have red cherry tomatoes I try to use a yellow capsicum.
- You can prepare this salad ahead of time and toss and dress it just before serving.
- This is really popular for picnics and transports really well.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.