Peach Melba recipe
- 1 tin peaches (825g), drained
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 300g frozen raspberries
- Ice cream to serve
- 20g frozen raspberries ( for garnish)
In a small saucepan, add the peaches, vanilla, sugar and water.
Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes. Pour into a bowl to cool.
Using 1 cup of syrup from the peaches in a saucpan, add the raspberries and heat until warm.
Blend raspberry mix together and pour through a sieve to remove seeds.
To assemble, ladle peaches over ice-cream, drizzle with raspberry sauce and garnish with reserved raspberries.
This is worth going to the extra trouble for. My husband and children all asked for seconds.
- Of course you can poach fresh peaches for this. Just cut a cross slit at the base of each peach and poach in the sugar/vanilla syrup for 5 minutes, remove and peel the skin off.
- It is preferable to use a vanilla bean instead of extract in this recipe but it can sometimes be a tad expensive.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.