Chicken stock recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 sticks of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 chicken
- 10 peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp salt
In a stock pot, heat the oil. Add the vegetables and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
Place the chicken on top and cover with cold water.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour.
Lift the chicken from the stock and strip the meat from the carcass. Return the carcass and any bones to the pot and simmer for a further 2 hours.
Strain the stock through a fine sieve.
- I make this to stock up my freezer with good quality stock.
- I used the stripped chicken meat for chicken sandwiches and chicken pies.
- You can reduce this so it is more concentrated and it will take up less room in your refrigerator.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken