Banana butterscotch pudding recipe
This is a silky butterscotch pudding married with the flavour of fresh bananas. It gently cooks in its own sauce and is perfect served with ice-cream. This is a dinner party dessert that anyone would be happy to claim as their own!
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 140g brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1 cup boiling water
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 2.5L baking dish with butter and set aside.
In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
Mix the banana, egg, milk, butter and vanilla into the flour mixtur until well combined.
Pour into baking dish.
In a small saucepan add all of the topping ingredients and bring to the boil.
Pour the boiling topping mix over the pudding mix and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean.
- You MUST serve this with vanilla ice cream.
- This is great for dinner parties in winter as you can pop it into the oven and it's ready when the main course is over.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.