Garlic and lime chicken recipe
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp thyme
- 6 chicken breasts, halved crossways
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 4 tbsp lime juice
In a bowl mix the salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, thyme and olive oil. Toss chicken in spice mix.
Heat the the pan and cook the chicken on each side for 2 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside in a warm place.
Add the butter, onion and garlic to the pan and fry until the onion is translucent. Add the chicken stock and lime juice and stir vigourously to deglaze the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce the sauce a little. Strain the sauce and return it to the pan with the chicken
Serve on a bed of lettuce with the sauce drizzled on top.
- If you are serving this to children or those that don't like spicy food you need to omit the cayenne pepper ENTIRELY. Even a smidge of cayenne pepper is hot!
- This goes perfectly alongside a crisp green salad.
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Chinese lemon chicken
Find more chicken recipes:
This recipe was created by Jennifer cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.