Golden brunch puffs recipe
- 6 eggs, separated
- 6 slices ham, diced finely
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup mozarella cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 12 cup muffin tray with canola spray and set aside.
In a bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
In a separate bowl, combine egg yolks, ham, onion and cheese.
Fold egg yolk mixture gently through the egg whites using a metal spoon.
Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin tray and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- These are great to make for brunch when you have visitors coming. I tend to make two trays as they are very popular.
- Whipping the egg whites makes them puff up high. They deflate a touch when they get cold.
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.