Healthy tuna mornay recipe
- 2 cups macaroni pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 4 cups skim milk
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 cup light cheese, grated
- 425g tin tuna in springwater or brine
- 3 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup wholegrain breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Cook pasta in plenty of boiling water as per packet directions and drain and run under cold water when done.
In a large frying pan, melt the butter and add the onion. Fry until translucent and add the flour. Cook for 1 minute and remove from heat.
Whisk in the skim milk until smooth and return to the heat and bring to the boil.
Remove from heat and whisk in the mustard, cheese, parsley and tuna.
Stir through the pasta and pour into a baking dish. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden.
- This is a large serve and is great for a large party or to serve a crowd.
- For a family of four you can make a half serve and still have plenty.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.