Cucumber raita recipe
This cucumber Raita recipe is great to serve with hot Indian style curries and has a clean fresh taste. Find more on Kidspot, New Zealand's recipe finder.
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 250ml Greek style thick yoghurt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- salt to taste
Slice the cucumber in half and remove ends. Using a teaspoon scrape out the seeds and grate the remaining flesh.
Place yoghurt in a bowl and stir in cucumber, cumin and mint.
Add salt to taste.
- I served this with slow cooker Rogan Josh curry and it was a great combination as Rogan Josh has a bit of bite to it.
- This dish is great served with Basmati rice and pappadums.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.