- 400g Greek style plain yoghurt
- 500g self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100g baby spinach
- 200g feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tin tomato puree
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
In a frying pan, fry the lamb mince and make sure you break it into small lumps with a wooden spoon.
Add the garlic as it is browning and stir well.
Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute, then add the cumin, tomato puree and chilliflakes and stir. Cook for a further 2 mins and set aside.
Feta and spinach filling.
Pour boiling water over the spinach and then drain. Crumble feta up and stir through spinach.
Combine the yoghurt with the self-raising flour and knead on a floured board for 2-3 mins.
Cut into 8 portions. Cover with a damp tea towel until ready to use.
Roll each dough ball into a 25cm round and place 4 tablespoons of filling on one half. Fold dough round in half and press together the edges.
Heat a skillet, frying pan ot barbeque hotplate to medium heat and brush each Gozleme with olive oil. Cook on each side until golden "eyes" appear.
Serve with lemon wedges.
- This recipe makes 8 Gozleme which is enough to hold 4 of each filling.
- The lemon wedges are essential for this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find related healthy dinner recipes
- Fish in foil
- Pan-fried lamb salad
- Vietnamese rice paper rolls
- Turkey and mango parcels
- Spring lamb with dukkah yoghurt
- Vegetable tagine with couscous
- Healthy roast lamb
- Beer can chicken
- Tom yum soup
- Chicken in Oyster sauce stirfry