Slow cooker Rogan Josh recipe
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1kg chuck steak, diced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 jar (350g) Rogan Josh Simmer sauce
- 2 x 800g tins crushed tomatoes
In a frying pan, heat the oil and sear the steak cubes until brown on all sides and add to slow cooker.
In the same frying pan, add the onions and fry until slightly softened.
Add the simmer sauce to the pan and cook for 2 mins. Add to the slow cooker.
Add the crushed tomatoes and turn the slow cooker to high for 4 hours or slow for 8 hours.
- I only used a simmer sauce for this because Rogan Josh is very spicy. If you use Rogan Josh paste you should use 1 tbsp per 250g of meat.
- If you have a small slow cooker you can halve all the ingredients.
- This recipes was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand'sbest recipe finder.