Champ is a traditional Irish dish of mashed potatoes with milk, butter and scallions. Find more on Kidpspot, New Zealand's recipe finder.
- 1kg brushed potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 tsp salt
- 50g butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 shallots (green onions), sliced
Place the potatoes in a sauepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Salt and then cook until tender.
Heat milk until hot. Drain water off potatoes and mash or push through a ricer.
Stir through butter, hot milk and green onions.
- This is a traditional Irish dish. I can't believe how simple and tasty this is.
- It is delicious served beside a beef pie, sausages or just with your Sunday roast.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.