Pantry pasta sauce recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the onion until translucent.
Add the garlic to the pan and cook for one minute.
Pour the tomatoes into the pan and stir in the basil, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.
Adjust seasoning using the salt and pepper.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
- This is the basic recipe and now you can add anything you like.
- I like to use tuna and olives or bacon and chilli.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related fast dinners recipes
- Beef and glass noodle stirfry
- French omelette
- Easy lamb koftas
- Fettucine alfredo
- Spaghetti with tuna and tomatoes
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Chicken wraps
- Steak sandwich
- Gnocchi with tomato and basil
- Penne with ricotta, spinach and cherry tomatoes