Easter bunny cupcakes recipe
- 1 quantity basic vanilla cupcakes
- 1 cup Betty Crocker creamy deluxe vanilla frosting
- 1 cup flaked moist coconut
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 2 drops pink food colouring
- 24 blue mini M&M's
- 1 tube black writing icing
- 12 marshmallows
- 1 pkt mini-mallows
- 1 tube pink writing icing
In a small bowl, add the food colouring to the sugar and mix well to colour.
Take a cupcake and generously coat the top in vanilla frosting. Dip in flaked coconut.
Take a marshmallow and cut in half crossways. Squeeze firmly into an ear shape and dip the cut side in the pink sugar. Dab some frosting on the back and place on the cupcake. Repeat with the other half of marshmallow.
Place two mini M & M's for eyes and use the black writing icing to make the pupils.
Take a pink mini marshmallow and place for nose, round side up.
take two white marshmallows and place for teeth under the nose.
Use the pink writing icing to draw on whiskers.
Repeat with the rest of the cupcakes.
- You can use any flavour cupcakes you like as the icing covers the top.
- I used flaked coconut but you may also use shredded coconut or dessicated coconut in a pinch.
- The reason I use Betty Crocker vanilla frosting in this recipe is because it is very hard to make pure white creamy frosting. Butter usually gives it a yellow tinge.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for KIdspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.