Slow cooker pork with apples recipe
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5kg piece of pork with skin on
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 6 apples halved
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
Place the oil in a frying pan and heat until hot. Place pork in the pan skin side down and sear.
Put the onions in the slow cooker and add the apples around them.
Combine the apple juice, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and ground ginger.
Pour the mixture over the pork and cover.
Cook for 6-8 hrours on low or 4-6 hours on low.
Find more slow cooker recipes:
- To make crackling, remove the skin from the cooked pork. Place it on a tray and drizzle with oil. Cook on high for 10 minutes.
- When you remove the pork from the pot there is all of the apples onions, marinade left. You can mash this up and strain it to make a sauce.
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.