Lentil bolognaise recipe
This lentil bolognaise is packed full of vegetables beside the obvious lentils. It's a great vegetarian pantry meal. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tin (400g) diced tomatoes
- 1 tin (400g) brown lentils, drained
In a frying pan, heat the oil and add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 mins.
Add the carrot, mushrooms, zucchini and capsicum. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add the oregano, tomatoes and lentils. Cook for 15 minutes. Season to taste.
- I like to serve this on wholemeal pasta or vegeroni with a nice grating of parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.