- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp glucose syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 drops flavour essence
- 1-2 drops food colour
Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside in the refrigerator.
In a small saucepan, heat the sugar, glucose syrup and water. Swirl pan to mix and bring to the boil.
Turn down to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Drop a spoonful of the mixture into a glass of cold water and let it cool for 30 seconds. If you can crack it with your teeth, then it is ready.
Swirl the flavour and colour into the pan and drop spoonfuls onto the baking paper.
Push lollipop sticks into the drops before they completly harden.
- If you have a sugar thermometer, these lollipops need to get to 175°C to be at the hard crack stage.
- Make sure you turn this mixture down to simmer as it burns easily.
- Use a dropper to add flavours and colours.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's's best recipe finder.